Just hang in there folks.
Just hoping when the things get better we start valuing more, the normal we had and the new normal we’ll be going into. Trying to take one day, one meal at a time.
For now cheer up guys, try this amazing Honey chilly potato recipe and you’ll never miss your favorite food restaurant.
Here it goes..
- 1 Potato
- 1 Onion
- 2 Green onion
- 1 Capsicum
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 2-3 Dried red chilly
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Schezwan sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- Salt, Pepper
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- Cut potatoes into big thick french fries shape. If you like it without the covering, you can peel it too. We used it with the peel.
- Chop onion, capsicum, garlic and green onion. Save some of the green leaves of green onion for garnishing.
- In a frying pan add 3 tbsp of oil, chopped garlic, onion, capsicum and white part of green onion. Fry till medium brown.
- Add 2 tbsp of soya sauce, 2 tbsp of schezwan sauce, 1 tbsp tomato ketchup, 1 tbsp of vinegar, salt & pepper to taste.
- Bake the potatoes at 425 C for ten minutes one side, flip the potatoes & repeat again of the other side.
- Add the cut potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes till crispy.
- Pour it into a dish and add 1 tbsp of honey.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tbsp of sesame seeds on top.
- Honey is never cooked. It should be added off the heat when poured into the dish.
- To make the potatoes more crispy:
- Frying- Coat the potatoes into a paste of corn starch or all purpose flour with water and fry them till medium brown.
- Schezwan sauce is a bit salty, taste before adding extra salt.
So what are you cooking this Quarantine?
Would love to hear from you 😀